BARCH, NZCAD, ANZIA, Registered Architect
Chris Ashford has more than 18 years’ experience in architecture in New Zealand and began his career at Andrew Hodgskin Architects before joining RTA Studio in September 2007.
Having worked on a variety projects, Chris has gained extensive experience on projects of varying scale, budget, construction and procurement type. He has an appreciation of the different skills required when dealing with residential, retail, commercial and institutional projects, and knows the importance of establishing good working relationships to bring about great results in design, documentation and construction.
Chris has managed a number of projects from $15m to $180m as Project Architect and Design Team leader. His technical and construction experience has been well developed for Commercial projects and is an advocate of research and development of new construction detailing and methodology.
Qualifications & Affiliations:
- Bachelor of Architecture, Unitec
- NZIA Graduate Member
- New Zealand Certificate in Architectural Draughting
- 13 years experience at RTA Studio, Auckland
- 3 years experience at Product X Architecture, Auckland
- 2 years experience at Andrea Hodgskin Architects, Auckland
- AIAL - Airways
- Samson Corporation - Mackelvie Street Office/Retail
- ORAMS marine - Mixed Use Development
- Alexandra Park, Auckland Trotting Club
- NZFS National Training Centre
- Colenso BBDO Offices - Auckland
- Cream TV Office - Auckland
- St Kentigern College Administration Building
- Falcon Street Offices & Apartments